Josh Rouse Online Stageit Concert - Review


I watched Josh Rouse's online Stageit concert last night.  I had never watched a show through Stageit prior to this, but it was a fun experience.  The sound quality was great - really clear with very little distortion, and there was a live chat window, where fans could communicate with each other, as well as request songs for Josh to play.

Josh opened the set with two new tracks - A Lot Like Magic and Simple Pleasure.
I liked these songs, both had catchy, upbeat melodies, which I found myself tapping my foot and swaying along to.  For the remainder of the show, Josh played a variety of tracks from previous albums, in addition to taking requests.  I noticed that lots of people were requesting songs from Nashville, with some people even suggesting he should do a show where he plays Nashville in it's entirety (not only is Nashville my favourite, I like the idea of dedicating a show to a an entire album in general, especially for an artist like Josh, who has such a large back catalogue).  Highlights of the set for me, were I Will Live On Islands, Streetlights and Oh, Look What The Sun Did!

Between songs, Josh talked about working on his new album, in which he mentioned that Brad Jones (1972, Nashville, Subtitulo, El Turista) would be returning to produce the album with him.  He went on to say that the album would be a cheerful, pop record.  After the show had finished, Josh revealed on the live chat window that the new album would be titled The Happiness Waltz.

The concert was originally scheduled to run for 20 minutes, but Josh went on to play an encore for a further 20 minutes, so all in all, it was a decent length show.
During the concert, Josh also implied that that he would play future Stageit concerts, which is great news.  I am excited to see what songs (and possible new material) the next show brings!

Setlist
A Lot Like Magic
Simple Pleasure
Diggin' In The Sand
Quiet Town
I Will Live On Islands
Comeback (Light Therapy)
Streetlights
Oh, Look What The Sun Did!
Flight Attendant

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guilfest 15/07/12 - Bryan Ferry

Bryan Ferry at the London Palladium - 20/04/2016

Hidden Treasures: Ball & Chain - Bus Stop